Hang when Opening

Help
Kazagha
2013-08-18
2013-08-23
  • Kazagha

Kazagha - 2013-08-18

I have recently downloaded the latest version of JStock but I haven't been able to get it running. It appears to begin launching, but only shows a white screen. I did notice that the icon appears in the system tray and I can 'right click > exit' the program successfully.

I am wondering if it has something to do with my java version:
    ~/jstock$ java -version
    java version "1.7.0_15"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_15-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

I had to change the jstock.sh file to 'JAVA_HOME=/usr', which I believe is correct as htop shows '/usr/bin/java', which is the correct path.

I few times I also received the below message, but I am not able to consistently reproduce it:
    GConf Error: Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: Connection is closed

-Kaz

• Kazagha

Kazagha - 2013-08-19

Minor lapse in concentration, I should mention that I am running Debian Linux (stable).

-Kaz

• yccheok

yccheok - 2013-08-23

Came across some old message thread. Seems not to have proper solution yet. https://sourceforge.net/p/jstock/discussion/723855/thread/d1e6961b/ I believe is one of the library modules used by JStock caused this issues. (Not necessary the fault of the library modules. As, other Linux variations can run JStock well) I personally pretty tight up recently (On Android project), and do not have time to look into this Linux issues. If anyone manage to find out the root cause, or fix it, I will be very much appreciated.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks