How to compile jsoncpp without scons ?

Mani
2011-12-02
2014-04-19
  • Mani

Mani - 2011-12-02

How we can compile the Json-cpp library without scons build tools. I want compile this for vacpp.
    Is there a way to create makefiles to compile the source code without the scons build scripts.

• Miguel Diez

Miguel Diez - 2012-10-16

I want to know it also.

• Brenda Bell

Brenda Bell - 2013-02-21

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I applied the patch while in the jsoncpp-src-0.5.0 directory. I determined this to be the correct patch path because that's the parent directory of the files being patched.

I then ran the commands you listed above (for Xcode instead of Unix), but got errors. cake is looking for CMakeLists.txt in the current directory which is currently the empty build directory just created.

Any hints as to what's wrong?

• daminetreg

daminetreg - 2013-02-25

If you didn't get any error by applying the patch, it should work correctly. Did you really run cmake .. (notice the .. to go to the parent dir containing the CMakeLists.txt). You can also try running cmake /path/to/jsoncpp-src-0.5.0/ , give me the output of this.

Additionally, it could be something I missed that doesn't run on Mac, as I don't have one to test, but I would be happy to debug this together.

• Josh Kurland

Josh Kurland - 2013-09-30

Hi, I am trying to apply your cmake patch to json 5.0, but I am getting errors (see link). I have tried to run cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" .. within the build directory as well as cmake .. and cmake jsoncpp-5.0/. Each attempt fails with the same errors.

http://pastebin.com/4CcrjwJn

Thanks for the help

• Christopher Dunn

cmake worked great for me on Mac OSX. I'm never going back to scons. Note that the build/debug directory will not be under your subversion tree. It will be parallel to it. And note that the same of the source directory is actually the name of the root of the subversion directory, which depends on which branch you're on and can in fact be named anything.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks