Reappearance of IE page zoom issue (ctrl +/-)

2008-12-05
2013-04-29
  • Mike Pearson

Mike Pearson - 2008-12-05

Davide,

Sorry about this - I thought we had this one licked, but I'm now seeing incorrect layout of zoomed pages in IE7 using jsMath3.6a with no patches. The problem is apparent on Page > Zoom when viewing http://nrich.maths.org/public/viewer.php?obj_id=6331.

Mike

• Davide P. Cervone

No, we didn't have it licked, we just had some workarounds that helped.  We had it working for displayed math, but in-line math can still go wrong, as exhibited in your example. 

My email record indicates that you had been using letter-spacing:0.04em on the enclosing paragraphs and that that helped the issue.  I also see a suggestion of adding zoom:100% to the .typeset style.

The zoom feature in IE7 is so badly broken that I don't see any way to work around it in jsMath.  So many things go wrong that it does not seem a reasonable feature for people to use, and I'm not planing to try to support it.

Davide

• Mike Pearson

Mike Pearson - 2008-12-07

Davide, yes sorry, I'm going senile, I had forgotten the details of the previous fix and had omitted our end of things when doing the jsMath upgrade.

Mike

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks