Menu

Request for comments

2007-03-06
2013-04-15
  • Andi McLean

Andi McLean - 2007-03-06

Hi,

As the author / maintainer of this project I was just wondering what thought everyone had about the project.
    Is it useful / rubbish / Ok but needs some improvements.

The library as it stands covers everything I need it to, but I'm sure that there are lots of ways it could be improved.

So let me know, constructive criticism welcomed.

Andi

• Giuseppe Sacco

Giuseppe Sacco - 2007-03-15

I cannot remember very well currently, but I had a problem on image sizes. I wrote an application that always scan in black and white, bug using jsane i got 24 or 8bit images (I cannot remember) instead of bilevel. I also remember a similar problem when scanning in greylist mode.

Bye,
      Giuseppe

• Andi McLean

Andi McLean - 2007-04-04

I think that's been solved, Could you check and file a bug report if it still happens.

Thanks
        Andi

• timmah

timmah - 2007-04-04

We are evaluating this for a scanning and document managment project.  It looks great so far, so much easier to use than the JNI we were dealing with.  Would be happy to help with documentation.

• Andi McLean

Andi McLean - 2007-04-04

That's great.
        There is a tutorial at www.jsane.com.
        Let me know if you need any help, or you encounter any problems.
        Are there any features missing?

Thanks for your interest.
        Andi

• McAviti

McAviti - 2007-05-28

I will have a look into this API, looks very promising to me. I'm curious whether i get my ADF working, that's an essential part of the little DMS i'm working on.
      Thanks for your work, anyway.

• Andi McLean

Andi McLean - 2007-05-29

I have had it working with a dual side ADF, let me know if you have any problems. I'll see if I can help

• McAviti

McAviti - 2007-06-17

Yep, ADF works very well now, i've got just a single-sided ADF, but went very smooth, really good.
          I'll have a look at the options GUI now, I'd like to persist the options the user chooses, what do you think about that?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-06-02

Is there ADF support in your library?  Normal scanning is Great!

• Andi McLean

Andi McLean - 2010-06-02

You just need to keep calling getFrame();

You'll either get null of an exception when there are no more frames to get. I can't remember from the top of my head.

This project had been very quiet for a while.

• grayson

grayson - 2012-03-12

hmm damn, i used your library for a long time now but somehow the JSane_No_Docs_Exception is not longer thrown when scanning ADF… it just keeps scanning empty pages.

So is there a way to manually ask the device if there are docs in the feeder instead of waiting for an exception?