Help
yrtyrt
2008-03-18
2013-04-09
  • yrtyrt

yrtyrt - 2008-03-18

Hello,

I am getting exception on server start:
    [ERROR] Bluetooth is unavailable, check your configuration ...
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.core.JRemServer.start(JRemServer.java:157)
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.model.JRemServerDoc$2.run(JRemServerDoc.java:168)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How can I get more information on cause?

I am using Windows 2000, bluetooth adapter with Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. I am able to upload JAR file to phone via this adapter.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

yrt

• Filippo

Filippo - 2008-03-18

Hi yrt

JRemoteControl on windows uses bluecove JSR-82 J2SE implementation that currently interfaces with the Mac OS X, WIDCOMM, BlueSoleil and Microsoft Bluetooth stack found in Windows XP SP2 and newer (See http://bluecove.sourceforge.net for more) so you could try with WIDCOMM drivers but i have no experience on this.
      Let me know if you find a solution.

Best regards

Filippo

• yrtyrt

yrtyrt - 2008-03-19

Filippo, thank you for information. I will try to seek help at BlueCove.

Best regards

yrt

• Wim de Buhr

Wim de Buhr - 2008-03-22

Hi Filippo,

i have the same problem,

properly installerd toshiba bluetooth usb stack fpr windows, running XP SP2.
      I am not able to install the widcomm drivers, the setup does not find the bluetooth device.

other services like filetransfer and so on are running without problems.

Can you help us in any way?
      I really want to use jremotecontrol - it's the only way for symbian-smartphones to act as remote control...

thanks,
      wim de buhr

• Filippo

Filippo - 2008-03-25

Hi wim de buhr

I think this problem comes in because Bluecove is not compatible with your bluetooth stack. JRemoteControl on windows uses bluecove JSR-82 J2SE implementation as thirdparties libraries for bluetooth connectivity.
        If you have a Toshiba bluetooth Dongle instead of installing the bluetooth stack that comes with the hardware, you just plug in so as to use the Microsoft bletooth stack.
        It is very important that your adapter on the PC uses the Microsoft stack. if you are using any other then it wouldn't work. You can try to uninstall the bluetooth stack you may have previously installed and just plug in your bluetooth hardware. if Windows recognises your device and installs a Generic Bluetooth you can try to run JRemoteControl. This is the only solution in this moment but i'm spending time in next days to investigate for news BlueCove version that could resolve the problem with toshiba drivers.

Filippo