Error while loading serverGUI

Help
2010-05-06
2013-04-09
  • Diego Mejia

Diego Mejia - 2010-05-06

The serverGUI doesn't start:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tray in java.library.path
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1681)
            at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
            at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
            at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.GnomeSystemTrayService.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
            at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.ServiceManagerStub.getService(Unknown Source)
            at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.ServiceManager.getService(Unknown Source)
            at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.SystemTray.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
            at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.app.JRemUIManager$TrayManager.<init>(JRemUIManager.java:44)
            at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.app.JRemUIManager.getTrayMgn(JRemUIManager.java:253)
            at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.app.JRemUIManager.startGUI(JRemUIManager.java:237)
            at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.app.JRemServerGUI$21.run(JRemServerGUI.java:2115)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:226)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:602)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

I've Archlinux 64 bits, kernel 2.6.33 and openjdk6

thanks for help.

Pd: sorry, english isn't my language

• Filippo

Filippo - 2010-05-07

Hi dhmejia,
    I have no experience on Archlinux distribution but based on the its philosofy "keep it simple" i think that problem is due with the missing jdic library on your system. Jdic is the library that allows java programs to integrate with the OS (Tna tray notification area for example, the small). I have no skill on Archlinux but i think you must install the libjdic-bin package. A good start point may be http://packages.debian.org/sid/libjdic-bin.
    Thanks, and let me know ;)
    Byz