Anonymous
2003-05-07
2003-05-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-07

Hi,

the project doesn't seem to be active anymore, but i'll try to ask for help

so, i have the test program, but it look like it doesn;t do anything
    i managed to run it, but nothing showed in the log file, as well as nothing shows on the screen

i went through the api, and from all forum messages, but couldn't find any useful examples

i think i have a question like "supra" 2 years ago :-)

how to I get to sending/receiving something ?
    do I need to implement irlaplistener interface (i tried but  i couldn't trigger any events)
    also: how do I discover other devices ?
    i once got something like that on teh screen:
    (IrLAPStateQuery.handleXID) creating service hints
    (IrLAPStateQuery.handleXID) creating discovery info
    (IrLAPStateQuery.handleXID) sending discoveryIndication
    (IrLAPStateQuery.handleXID) finished sending ...

My goal is to write an app that can send/receive vcards,icals etc.. to/from palms, mobiles etc..
    I know I'll have to use Obex protocol, that's why I was looking for a java implementation of this

anyway
    i'll be grateful for a help

regards
    Kuba

• Mitch Patterson

Mitch Patterson - 2003-05-08

Hi,

Assuming your IR is working, you're ready to go. Try beaming a text message from your Palm to the machine JRed is running on. WinCE doesn't use IrOBEX by default but I think there are some addon programs you can get.

BTW Jred can receive beamed objects but can't send them. There's no technical reason, I just ran out of time to work on it. It does send and receive data via IR -- the IrLAP state machine needs some work to handle sending objects.

Two flags control autodiscovery. Use "-DIrLMP.autoDiscovery=true" on the Java command line (or set it in code) to make JRed look for devices. Use "-DIrLMP.autoDiscoveryInterval=s" where 's' is the interval in seconds on which you want to start discovering.

Thx,
      MLP

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-13

thanks for reply,
        i currentlu gave up jred for some time, and started to play with openobex and coding in c
        i'm sure i'll get come back to java and jred (probably :-) )soon

Kuba

• seth goldstein

seth goldstein - 2003-05-09

Is there a good doc which describes the obex protocol from an implementors point of view.  I would like to put in the "sending" part of the protocol in jred.

-seth

• Mitch Patterson

Mitch Patterson - 2003-05-10