Is it possible to render subpart of a PDPage?

Help
Peter M
2014-04-25
2014-04-25
  • Peter M

Peter M - 2014-04-25

Hi,

Is it possible to render a part of a page? E.g. divide large scaled pages into 9 parts or more. If so, do you know if there is a performance gain?

Best, Peter

• mtraut

mtraut - 2014-04-25

The content stream must be executed from start to end each time (its a "graphics program").

What exactly do you mean by "performance gain"? Do you want to execute in parallel?

• Peter M

Peter M - 2014-04-25

I think it should be done in series and by performance gain i mean to speed up.

I really don't know what is happening behind the scenes in the rendering process. My guess is that operations already are divides pages into subpages. But somewhere on the rendering path BufferedImages are used. When images are large this process is slow. And maby it could be improved by dividing it into subparts. Again, I really don't know what is happening and I might sound naive here. If so i am sorry.

Best, Peter

• mtraut

mtraut - 2014-04-25

Well, there's no such thing as a page you can subdivide. This is a vector graphic language - the position of an instruction is independent of its "visible location" on a plane.

Yes, operations on BufferedImages can be slow. So this is a place where you can start to optimize. Your renderer can "filter" the images completely, create low res versions or render in another thread...

• Peter M

Peter M - 2014-04-25

Ok, thank you for your answer. Best, Peter

Last edit: Peter M 2014-04-25

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks