JPivot Jsf Facelets

Help
Luuzz
2007-05-27
2013-04-29
  • Luuzz

Luuzz - 2007-05-27

Hello,
    Is it possible to use jpivot in a jsf page ?
    If so, is it possible to use facelets technology ?
    Best regards
    Luuzz

• Dipendra Pokhrel

I have implemented JPivot in facelets. But you can not use WCF tag library at all. I did the following things:
      1) map JPivot request filter
      2) instantiate WCF component manually by using java code rather than jsp tag library(JSP taglib does not work in facelets) or you can create JSF component for it. Look into WCF component's creator method for how to do this. Also you need to put that object into HTTP session with some id. You need to have an instance of JPivot's RequestContext- use singleton method to access the instance.
      3) Create JSF component and renderer to render the WCF Component. You can use the code of wcf renderer tag

• Kamal Ashour

Kamal Ashour - 2009-05-25

Hello,

I been trying to use JPivot in JSF and Facelets with no success, can you please share the code you use to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

• Andreas Voss

Andreas Voss - 2009-05-25

There is an example in the wcf test suite that uses JSF with WCF (hellojsf or similar). Not sure if this helps you with facelets.

• Kamal Ashour

Kamal Ashour - 2009-05-26

It's working using JSF only, but can't get it to work with Facelets and don't know why.

• Petar Jovanovic

Petar Jovanovic - 2010-07-29

I also have problem with integrating jpivot with jsf and facelets.
    I am beginer in this field so if anyone can give me detailed instructions.

I have application in which I need to integrate jpivot.
    What files do I need to include in project and should I have something else running on my server?
    Do I need to have mondrian running on my server or not?

Can you give me some exlanation for this:

1) map JPivot request filter
    2) instantiate WCF component manually by using java code rather than jsp tag library(JSP taglib does not work in facelets) or you can create JSF component for it. Look into WCF component's creator method for how to do this. Also you need to put that object into HTTP session with some id. You need to have an instance of JPivot's RequestContext- use singleton method to access the instance.
    3) Create JSF component and renderer to render the WCF Component. You can use the code of wcf renderer tag

You can also write me on email if it's easier
    perasr2003yahoo.com
    All information will be good.
    Thanks

Regards,
    Petar

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks