I found a bug where the MDX Query Editor stops updating as you view new queries. Here are the steps to repeat it using the demo war file:
- Start the JPivot Demo war and click on "Testpage using mondrian". Open the MDX Query Editor.
- Put a few newlines before "from [Sales]" then hit [Apply]. Notice that the newlines go away.
- Type "blah" at the very end and hit [Apply]. It'll find a syntax error and highlight the MDX Query Editor in red.
- Delete "blah" and put a few newlines before "from [Sales]" again, then hit [Apply]. The MDX is accepted but doesn't delete the newlines. The MDX Query Editor is now "stuck".
- Click "back to index" and choose "Mondrian fourhier test".
- Notice the MDX still shows the OLD query with the extra newlines. Mess around in the navigator and expand/collapse some table entries. The MDX is still stuck, not updating.
- Hit [Apply] in the MDX Query Editor and suddenly you're looking at the old query. Oops!
- Now open the navigator and change measures. The MDX Query Editor is STILL stuck and isn't updating.
- The MDX Query Editor will stay stuck like this until you hit the [Revert] button.
This still happens in JPivot 1.5.0. Basically, any time you get an error in the MDX editor then fix the error, the MDX editor gets stuck and doesn't update until [Revert] is pressed. Even when you view a new query the MDX editor stays stuck viewing the old query's MDX.
This still happens in JPivot 1.6.0.
Can you go to the tracker page and log this as a bug? I can't guarantee that it will get fixed, but at least it will be on the developers' radar.
I created a bug for it on September 12: Bug 1557502.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.