XLS/PDF export mods posted.

Help
2004-04-16
2013-04-29
  • Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-04-16

Just to avoid having to send a lot of emails:
    http://www.clarmont.hu/downloads/jpivot_mod_pdf_xls_export_040416.zip

Use in good health. any problems, or anything missing, tell me.
    Cheers
    Ati.

• Ati Rosselet

feel free to look around the website while you're there :)
      ok.. got other work to do. l8r.

• Ati Rosselet

pls wait.. 2 bad files.. will repost tomorrow.

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-04-17

• Cocia Lin

Cocia Lin - 2004-04-19

Great work!

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-04-19

This mod is compiled against jfreechart-0.9.15
      if you are using or going to use .16 or .17,  there are API changes that you have to deal with...  Some in jfreechart itself, some in the corresponding jcommon (e.g for jfreechart-0.9.17, use jcommon-0.9.2 and so on...)

• Marty

Marty - 2004-04-22

Thanks. Have downloaded it and tested. Very nice.
      (have not used drill through changes because currently I am using jpivot 1.1.0 :P)

I still got a problem to display chart in excel. I think it is my excel problem. Will test it in another machine later.

Thanks again for your work.
      If anything found, will let you know:) hehe
      regards
      Marty

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-05-07

found a bug.
      in print.java, line 99:
      should be setParameter instead of removeParameter.
      This fixes a strange bug (first click after export does nothing).
      Cheers.

• Anonymous - 2004-05-25

Hello,

Is it mandatory to replace the old java files with the new ones? I mean the files in the chart, mondrian and table packages.

Could you please explain to me how I can create a button to export the charts and tables to PDF and EXCEL?  I am new to mondrian and Jpivot and have not experience on them. 

Thanks.

• Anonymous - 2004-05-25

Sorry, I forgot to say that I could not compile the new source files.  For example, at the time of creating the following object "queryAdapter = new MondrianQueryAdapter(this);" in "MondrianModel.java" my java compiler cannot find that constructor.  I guess that more files must be modified, not only the ones in http://www.clarmont.hu/downloads/jpivot_mod_pdf_xls_export_040417.zip. Am I right?  If so, could you send to me the rest of the source files?

Thanks in advance.

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-05-25

well.. you have to get the source for jpivot and then set up the compilation environment as instructed.  Once you have the working, you should be able to unzip the modifications .zip into your SRC dir to put the files in the right places, or simply copy them into the directories indicated (or create new directories if needed) Please read the readme.txt files.. since a few libs are not included since they should just be downloaded separately... but must be added to the repository and build.xml....

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-05-25

Let me emphasize that this patch/mod is ONLY for jpivot 1.0.2.  It should be easy to convert it for 1.1.0, but I havent done that since we are still using 1.0.2 (a couple showstopper bugs - for us - in 1.1.0)
        Cheers.

• Andreas Voss

Andreas Voss - 2004-05-26

> a couple showstopper bugs - for us - in 1.1.0

What are these?

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-05-26

Hi, I posted a few times about the problem I had, and noone ever responded with either confirmation of the problem, or to say that it must be just me, 'cause they didn't have that problem... let me find the thread:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2477941

I talked to myself for a bit, and then time pressure forced me to stick with 1.0.2.
        Cheers
        Ati.

• Ati Rosselet

.. speaking of the xls/pdf exports.. now that there is a non-tonbeller version, will you be including these features in a future release?

• Andreas Voss

Andreas Voss - 2004-05-26

Ati, I did not watch this forum for a while (technical problems, ahem) and I just discovered you made these much needed extensions. Thanks a lot and yes, I'd be happy to add these to the JPivot code base (provided that my manager does not veto).

I have fixed the classcast bug and uploaded a current CVS snapshot to http://jpivot.sf.net/jpivot-cvs.zip (no visible link there). The build.xml has changed: there is no repository/ directory any more, all *.jar are in the lib/ directory.

I tried to merge your changes into that version but there had been some conflicts (especially regarding the chart component) - so if that version works for you and you find the time to re-apply your changes to that version, it would simplify the code merge.

In the package com.tonbeller.jpivot.table I have added a section to the package.html documentation, that explains how you could decorate the CellBuilder instead of modifying it. This way your code would be pluggable and does not conflict with other extensions. I think you could add all your code into the com.clarmont.* with no changes to com.tonbeller.* code. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Regards,
      Andreas

PS: I will be on vacation next week.

• Ati Rosselet

Andreas,
        Great, thanks for the cvs link.  I'm a bit busy at th moment, but I'll grab that cvs snapshot and rework the extensions when I have some free time. I understand you were also sent some interesting gui changes and an enhanced drill-through chart from down-under :-) .. any hints on what fucntionality from that is under consideration for the next version?

On a side note, why would management veto the inclusion of an independantly developed xls/pdf extension? Making it as as add-on is not a problem.. I'm just curious - its not as if they would have to release the secret tonbeller code.... 

I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to look at this.
        Cheers and Happy Holidays :)
        Ati

• Andreas Voss

Andreas Voss - 2004-05-27

I'm just a little too cautious - I just talked to him, its ok. We will include all independent developments that make sense to be added.

Andreas

• Ati Rosselet

Ati Rosselet - 2004-05-27

Thats great then.  I also made a couple small modifications to the jpivot taglib and mondrianModelFactory (and MondrianOlapModelTag) objects. I found them to be very useful, and they don't interfere with the default behavior.

https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2504313
      - allow schemaURL to come from a servlet... for example, different xml for each user etc..
      ( in practise, I had to append the session id <servletpath>?sid=xxxxxxxxxx  to make sure the xml wasnt cached between users...

https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2399765
      - allow specification of Mondrian role in the mondrianQuery tag.... useful (since changed rtexprvalue to be true - allowing runtime specification of role... e.g. 1 xml with different user roles - you can now specify the role for that user..

cheers again.

• Claudio Alonso

Claudio Alonso - 2004-06-09

Hello Andreas,
      I'd like to know if there's a target date for a new version of jpivot including Uri's contribution for XLS and PDF exports.

I'm currently using 1.1.0 and my knowledge on java is still basic, so I don't know if I'd be able to modify this by myself for my current version -anyway I'll try... it would be an interesting exercise for me :)

Cheers,

--Claudio

• Andreas Voss

Andreas Voss - 2004-06-09

There is no concrete date, but I will make a new release as soon as there is a diff against 1.1.0 or current cvs snapshot.

Andreas

• Ashish Jain

Ashish Jain - 2012-10-08

Hi All,

I am working on Export as a PPT functionality …..but not able to find the way to develop and even dont know is it possible or not……………Please Guide me.
    Thanks in advance
    Ashish Jain

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks