Full screen problem

Help
MilanK
2015-01-08
2015-01-08
  • MilanK

MilanK - 2015-01-08

Hi,

I use JPEGView for a long time, but with new versions I have problem (on Win 7 64-bit). I run JPEGView all the time in full screen mode - and everything else off (no navigation panel,..). But with latest versions it starts with blue header line plus border around the image (cca 3 pixels wide, and it contains pixels from screen below it) . Only after pressing F11 twice it is in normal fullscreen mode. It does not matter if fullscreen is specified in ini or as passed parameter. Is it bug or possible to fix it using some parameters?

Thanks in advance for help - and for the great program!
    Milan

• Stefan

Stefan - 2015-01-08

Problem was introduced by the patch to fix the ESC-issue:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/jpegview/discussion/693396/thread/d6d8b3fd/#5013

I was hoping for 1_0_33 to fix it, but it still suffers from the fullscreen issue. My ini-settings are
    ShowFullScreen=true
    DefaultWindowRect=image

I am on Win7 64 and the only way to get fullscreen without title bars and borders is by pressing F11 twice each and every time I auto-open an image with JpegView.

• David Kleiner

David Kleiner - 2015-01-08

I cannot reproduce this with Windows 8.1.
    Can you provide a screenshot?
    Do you have non-standard settings, e.g. do you use the old Win 95 style and therefore not the DWM? This mode is no longer available in Win 8.1 thus I cannot test it.
    David

• MilanK

MilanK - 2015-01-08

Hi

attached is screenshot of following commandline:
    JPEGView.exe 43894_poster2000.jpg /fullscreen

JPEGView is extracted from JPEGView64

I have Win 7, 64-bit, appearance is Windows Classic (is this the source of the problem?)

Note that there is windows title and borders are transparent - there is visible desktop through them

Milan

Last edit: MilanK 2015-01-08
  • David Kleiner

David Kleiner - 2015-01-08

I suspect that it could be the classic style. I also found a suspicious line of code however I cannot test it with Win 8 as there is no classic appearance anymore.
    Can you post your (non source forge) EMail address to jpegview@gmail.com so that I can send you a test version so that you can check if the fix helps?
    David