Hiding contrast/brightness/etc controls?

Mac101
2012-02-07
2012-12-08
  • Mac101

Mac101 - 2012-02-07

Hi, really love this viewer so fast/light on resources, thanks to the dev!

Two questions :-)

Is it possible to either permanently hide, or increase the mouse hover time before the brightness/contrast controls appear at the bottom of the screen?

Are there any plans/plugins to read inside zip/rar files?

Thanks1

• David Kleiner

David Kleiner - 2012-02-12

Hide bottom panel permanently: Currently not possible, I will add an INI entry for the next version
    ZIP/RAR: Not planned for the future, why zipping JPEGs? They cannot be compressed anymore.

• DimmY

DimmY - 2012-05-06

Yes, it's almost unreasonably to archive JPEGs.
    But what do you think about packJPG (http://www.elektronik.htw-aalen.de/packjpg/) and RAWZOR (http://www.rawzor.com) utilities? The first one compresses JPEGs into PJG format with ratio about 20%. The second one does the same with RAW images.
    Of course, these formats are quite exotic, but I think it would be interesting to support them, especially PJG.

Btw, do you have some plans to add a support of JPEG 2000 format?

• David Kleiner

David Kleiner - 2012-05-07

I would not recommend archiving to such exotic formats as they probabely cannot be read in some decades, something you really want to avoid when creating an archive. In my opinion, saving 20 % is not enough compared to this risk.

For JPEG2000 I do not know a fast open source codec. I once got code that used a commercial library but had to remove it from the release due to licensing issues. But JPEG2000 is not so relevant and almost never used. Google (WEBP) and Microsoft (JPEG XR) try to estabish thier own newer formats, both already supported by JPEGView. But personally I would keep with JPEG and invest into a larger HD rather than using a format that maybe vanishes in the future. JPEGs are garantueed to be readable in many decades because there are billions of JPEGS around…