Suggestion For Program

pepanee
2014-07-15
2014-09-21
  • pepanee

pepanee - 2014-07-15

First of all, I really like this program, it is so nice and simple. Please keep it this way!

So here's the suggestion:
    First off, I was using Microsoft Windows XP's Picture and Fax Viewer, then I switched to this program. One feature that I really liked about XP's picture viewer was that when you have a folder with a certain order of images in there, (either sorted by the file name, by the size, by the date modified, or by a >search result< ), Windows XP's Picture and Fax Viewer remembers that certain order from the Explorer window and remembers to load each picture in that certain order.

I noticed that you have a very similar feature that has those details:
    (line 187: "Can be LastModDate, CreationDate, FileName, FileSize or Random")

But I was wondering if you can add an option (ex: ExplorerWindowOrder) that remembers some Explorer's window listing and lets you go down that certain, new search result list.

For example, you search for "picture", using Explorer, in multiple folders. You get a list of files named picture1.jpg, picture2.jpg from a folder named aaa AND you get a list of files named picture3.jpg, picture4.jpg from a folder named bbb. Once you open picture1.jpg with JPEGView, and you press the next image button 3 times, you see all of those search results.

Do you think that is possible?

Thank you so much for the program!

Last edit: pepanee 2014-07-15
  • David Kleiner

David Kleiner - 2014-09-12

JPEGView has no clue about actions done in the Explorer. Maybe it would be possible using the IShellfolder API but using that interface is pain in the ass and would bind JPEGView very close to Windows Explorer what I do not want.

David

• pepanee

pepanee - 2014-09-21

Oh okay, I see what you mean by that. Well, thanks for the program.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks