I found a problem I think with either the math or the actual
rendering of bar charts. This was creating a chart in a
servlet. I was creating a bar chart for a histogram of
response times - essentially a chart that should produce a
bell curve under normal circumstances. However I had a
batch of readings that were non-standard and caused the
graph of the region to have values of 0 (y values of 0).
When I ran this, the servlet in Tomcat actually hung - the
servlet process remained on the Linux box and no output
was produced - and it locked the application. The problem
only occurs when all the values are 0. Since I have not
examined the code, I am guessing but I think it is because
the graphing routine does not know the maximum value for
Log in to post a comment.