Keycodes for JSON API

Anonymous
2013-02-13
2013-05-28
  • Anonymous - 2013-02-13

I'm developing a plugin for MediaPortal, that should enable to switch a TV into the correct 3D-Mode if a 3D-Movie is played.
    I do this over the JSON API with the POST input/key method. On my Philips 55PFL7606K/02 this works perfect and without problems.

But a tester with a 55PFL6007K/12 has problems.

The newer Models seem to have a special "3D"-Key for the menu.

How do I send this key with the JSON API?

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2013-02-13

Hi,
    you can access the JSON API directly on the TV using a standard web browser and opening http://tv-ip-address:1925
    On the "JointSpace API Documentation" page, there is an entry "POST input/key" which includes a list of the possible keys.

Maybe your tester can open that page on his 6007 TV and send you this list. If Philips did a good job, they updated these pages.

That said, I don't own a xxx7 series. Unfortunately, I also have not yet read anything about them supporting the JSON API, though I very much hope so!

Can someone confirm, the newer 2012 (xxx7) TV series actually do support JSON?

• Anonymous - 2013-02-14

Hi,

thank you for your advice. The tester has sent me the list of the "POST input/key" page.
    The "3D" Key is missing. Maybe someone from Philips could tell me if the key is supported but not documented, or if it is not available at all.

• Anonymous - 2013-02-27

iMave.23 - I don't know about JSON API, but on my 42pfl7007g there is no 3d button on the remote and the 3d button on Philips My Remote doesn't work, but after upgrading it to the latest firmware it's working now.

Maybe your client is running an older firmware and a simple firmware update on his side will solve the problem.

's

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks