I can verify that the current CVS build of JMol works on my installation
of OS X 10.3.1 (Panther). if anyone is interested, here's what I did:
1. updated jaguar 10.2.8 to panther 10.3.
2. updated to 10.3.1 immediately.
3. installed Developer Tools (not sure if this is useful or not).
4. verified Java was updated correctly by opening Terminal and typing
(as per <http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2099.html>)
5. downloaded Ant 1.5.4 from <http://apache.ant.org/>.
6. installed and configured Ant; this ref helped a lot:
7. checked out Jmol from CVS and built it using Ant.
8. launched Jmol, opened 1crn.pdb and tried a handful of various commands.
everything worked as it did on Jaguar.
molvisions - molecular graphics & visualization
usa:north carolina:wake forest
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.