Clusters are really practrical to merge management of
redundant application in specific environment, but an
other level of organization would be nice to help the
management of a platform.
By example, our platform has:
- 4 differents environment (dev, test, stage, prod).
- Many application-server by environements
- Many systems (same of each environement).
- Each system may contain many different jvm.
- Each jvm might be redundant (clustered).
My suggestion would be to offer to the administrator to
add specific TAGS in Jmanage.
By example, I would defined tags for : environment,
servers, system and application.
Each time we add an application in the server we could
then defined the tags so the <managedApplications.do>
could show it next to the application name and offers
filtering utilities based on it.
The bean clusterized system could even be extended to
offer visualization of beans over a same tag (even if
different application, few Mbean can be the same).
Log in to post a comment.