Link to proprietary "database"

Help
2006-08-23
2013-04-25
  • nameunknown

nameunknown - 2006-08-23

Hallo,

I want to include JMagallan in a PlugIn for our software, because a PivotTable is exactly what I want.

But I have two problems: I have no idea, how much effort it is to define an interface for our proprietary format, like an interface for SQL server or something similar. And how to do that is also mysterious for me at this time.

And I dont´t know how to start JMagallan, because if I try that, I always get errors before the software is really starting. Is there anyone, who can give me qualified informations?

Thanks!

• Juan Ignacio Bassino

Hi!
      Integrating JMagallanes to SQL Server or any other database system it’s an easy task. You just need to write the SQL query and the “Create report from SQL” wizard tool will help you create the necessaries XML files. In the docs section you can download a video that demonstrate the usage of this wizard (http://jmagallanes.sourceforge.net/en/docs.htm). If you have a more particular question you may contact us by mail.
      For the second question we will need more information about the errors you get. If you didn’t try with the latest version, please download JMagallanes 1.0 standalone, uncompress it and try executing it. If you get an error in this procedure please post it.
      Regards,
         Juan Ignacio Bassino
         JMagallanes Project

• nameunknown

nameunknown - 2006-08-24

Hi Juan,

thanks for your fast reaction. As I described above, I don´thave an SQL Server, but something very different (we have a special "database"-similar file-format, which is for data-mining). I am wondering, how to make a interface for JMagallan to our file-format, and how to tell JMagallan, how the hierarchies of a dimension is defined.

Yours
      Stephan

• Juan Ignacio Bassino

If your database has JDBC connectivity, and can execute SQL, you just use it as if it were any other DDBB (for example, HSQL is file-based and has this features).
        If it doesn’t, you may extend a new class from ReportDataSource that implements the data gathering as needed (see for example ExcelReportDataSource for an implementation of excel sources).

• nameunknown

nameunknown - 2006-10-17

I tried to start "ReportViewerApp", but got the following message:

Exception in thread "main" SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.common.InfoException: Archivo no encontrado: ReportGeneratorConfiguration.properties, ./ReportGeneratorConfiguration.properties
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.client.ReportManagerService.getReportManagerService(ReportManagerService.java:380)
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.userinterface.ReportViewerApp.show(ReportViewerApp.java:137)
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.userinterface.ReportViewerApp.main(ReportViewerApp.java:132)
      Caused by: SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.common.InfoException: 372
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.common.ReportGeneratorConfiguration.getConfiguration(ReportGeneratorConfiguration.java:251)
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.client.ReportManagerService.getReportManagerService(ReportManagerService.java:378)
          ... 2 more
      Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate configuration source ReportGeneratorConfiguration.properties
          at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:183)
          at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:166)
          at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.<init>(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:117)
          at org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.<init>(PropertiesConfiguration.java:171)
          at SRC.com.calipso.reportgenerator.common.ReportGeneratorConfiguration.getConfiguration(ReportGeneratorConfiguration.java:243)
          ... 3 more

What´s wrong?

• nameunknown

nameunknown - 2006-10-17

I set the path to MISC/StandAloneApp, and got an error-window: The title is "582", the text is "583"

• Juan Ignacio Bassino

Hi,
      Set the path to the folder where the startup and jar files are located. There you will find the ReportGeneratorConfiguration, and the application will find the English translation file (the numbers "582" and "583" appear because those codes couldn’t be translated).
      Regards,
        Juan I. Bassino,
        JMagallanes Project

• nameunknown

nameunknown - 2006-10-19

I don´t find that really easy to get it started. I put all together in a eclipse-project, and then - for example for the StandAloneConfig: C:\Eclipse\workspace\JMagallanes\MISC\StandAloneConfig
      I also exported in that directory the jar-file with ReportViewerApp as main-class, and copied the en.properties-file in that directory. But still I got that problem with not non-translatable codes.

Yours
      Stephan

• Juan Ignacio Bassino

In ReportGeneratorConfiguration.properties you should have a property like:
      LanguagesPath=./repository/languages
      In that path the application looks for the language files. You should copy this directory from the standalone deploy files whit the en.properties file in it.
      Also check that your working path is set to “C:\Eclipse\workspace\JMagallanes\MISC\StandAloneConfig” because there is your properties file.
      Regards,
        Juan I. Bassino,
        JMagallanes Project

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks