Menu

using jipCam to save mjpeg

David
2006-10-25
2013-04-17
  • David

David - 2006-10-25

Jason, you have suggested using jipCam to record a video file from Axis camera stream. Can you offer me some suggestions how can I achieve this? How could i make a MPEG (MJPEG is ok, too) from MJPEG stream?
    Thanks in advance.

David

• - 2006-10-25

Hi David,

To record frames from a camera to a file on disk, you can use the FrameExtract utility.  If you're able to check out all files from CVS, you can run this utility from Ant with the following command:

ant -Dcamera.url=http://www.coachthrasher.com FrameExtract.run

Where "camera.url" is the URL of the IP camera that you're connecting to.  If you look into the Ant code, you'll see that this will capture 100 frames, starting with the 10th frame, to disk. The file will contain the raw stream data from the camera.  This disk file will be named:

frames_10-110.mjpeg

To transcode to MOV (Quicktime) format, you can just run another Ant target, with the proper filename.  I've included code in the 0.9.4 version (CVS Head revision as of today) of jipCam to use JMF to perform the transcode operation to MOV.  I believe you need QuickTime installed with it's java extensions to do this.  Here's the command line:

ant -Dmjpeg.file=frames_10-110.mjpeg MjpegToMov.run

The mjpeg.file is your source file, and the output file will be:

frames_10-110.mov

To transcode to other file formats, you can use either the MOV or MJPEG data as source.  I'd suggest using something like "ffmpeg" to transcode to mpeg.  I've used ffmpeg for other such tasks, but no using MOV or MJPEG as source file formats, so YMMV.

Let me know how it goes, and feel free to post other questions in this forum.

thanks,
      Jason

• goel

goel - 2007-10-04

I am working on jipcam from many days.
      but i am unable to use jipcam with JMF.Please provide me some documentation or open source code.
      I will be thankful to you.

• - 2007-10-04

You need the JMF .jar file on your system.  You'll have to download it from Sun.com.

Instructions for adding JMF to the build using Maven are on the home page: http://jipcam.sourceforge.net

see the section near "You'll still need the Java Media Framework file installed into your local Maven repository. This needs to be done manually, after installing the JMF library, like this:"

Jason

• Cássio Silva Oliveira

Hi,

I make an aplication using JMF, its connect to a USB cam and shouw the video, snapshot the video too.. and record the video to a file. Now i'm studding a JMF integration with a IP CAM, using the jipCam. But, i having some difficulty to do it...

Someone here has axperiency with jipCam?

My main question is how to prepare the MediaLocator using jipCam.

• - 2007-12-03

Hi Cássio

You should really start a new discussion thread for this question, but I'll answer anyway.

The MediaLocator used with JMF is just a URL.  It should be the URL to your camera, including any port number needed.

I hope that helps.

Jason

• Cássio Silva Oliveira

Only this?

:)

Yes, it's helps, and ligth somethings.

Thanks!