error message when try to run project

Help
eboy
2002-10-27
2003-11-20
  • eboy

eboy - 2002-10-27

i am not sure if i installed the project properly:
    i created a folder call jimageDB in my winXp machine.  then put all the 8 jar files i downloaded to this folder. I unziped DBEditor.jar and JImageDB-v0_4.jar and put all the generated files into the folder jimageDB i created.

But when i try to run "java -jar DBEditor.jar"  i get this error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    drjava/smyle/SmyleException

If i try to run "autostart" i get this error message:

>java org.lepus.jimagedb.Aut
    oStart jimagedb.xml
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mortbay/util/LifeCycle

>rem java -jar AutoStart.jar
    jimagedb.xml

Did i install the project correctly? Is there any other settings i need to do?  I have installed  j2re on my machine and i set javac and java to be
    able to run on any direcotry. 

Thank you very much for your help.

• James Damour

James Damour - 2002-10-28

When you unzipped JImageDB-v0_4.jar, you should have gotten two files: DBEditor.bat and AutoStart.bat.  If you've got all the "Third Party Software" packages in the same directory as the bat files, they should run (on Windows machines, users of other machines should read INSTALL.txt).

P.S. The DBEditor.jar file is from an obsolete version of the project, and it is superceded by the JImageDB-v0_4.jar file.

• Mike Gittelsohn

Mike Gittelsohn - 2003-01-02

I downloaded and unzipped JImageDB-v0_4.jar to
      a jimagedb directory, installed all of the external
      JAR files in the jimagedb directory.
      Running AutoStart.bat gives this error message:
      D:\gittel\jimageDB>java org.lepus.jimagedb.AutoStart jimagedb.xml
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mortbay/util/LifeCycle

• John Struthers

John Struthers - 2003-11-20

I've also downloaded and unzipped JImageDB-v0_4.jar to a jimagedb directory, installed all of the external JAR files in the jimagedb directory and encountered this error msg - 

"C:\jimageDB>java org.lepus.jimagedb.AutoStart jimagedb.xml Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mortbay/util/LifeCycle"

- when running AutoStart.bat on Win2000. I welcome any advice.