jGuard v0.65.5 released!
the jGuard team is pleased to announce a new stable release(v0.65.5)
of the java security library called jGuard(http://jguard.sourceforge.net).
both archives jGuard_jvm.jar and jGuard_j2ee.jar must be placed on your application server:
jGuard_jvm.jar in the "shared libs" directory (libraries shared by multiple webapps),
and jGuard_j2ee.jar in each "WEB-INF/lib" directories of webapps protected by jGuard.
this is a bug fix release which resolve those bugs:
- fix bug #1285077 (XML Error in jGuardUsersRoles.xml)
- fix bug #1285068 (XML Error in jGuardPrincipalsPermissions.xml)
- fix bug #1326205 (More than one webapps dont work with simple deploy way)
- fix bug #1307708 (logout error)
- fix bug #1303732 (authorized fail when configure...)
this library is build on top of jaas, for J2EE web applications.
his goal is to provide for webapp developers, an easy way to manage authentication and authorizations.
the main jGuard features are :
- clean separation of concerns: authentications are defined by the server administrator and
and authorizations are defined by webapp developers
- relies only on java 1.4 and j2ee 1.3 or higher
- can be adapted on any webapp, on any application server
- does not depend on a web framework, or an AOP framework
- build on top of the very secure and flexible JAAS(http://java.sun.com/products/jaas/)
- authentications and authorizations are handled by pluggable mechanisms
- changes take effects 'on the fly' (dynamic configuration)
- each webapp has its own authentications and authorizations configuration
- authentications can be configured through XML or databases (Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL)
- support encryption in authentication
- authorizations can be configured through XML or databases(Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL)
- a taglib is provided to protect jsp fragment
- support security manager
a webapp example(called 'jGuardExample') is provided to quickly test jGuard (via Xml configuration files, or Database with SQL scripts provided).
you can find
documentation is provided under the doc/jguard.sourceforge.net/ directory (look at the index.html file with your browser).
this project is released under the LGPL licence.
every users and project members are welcomed!
the jGuard homePage on sourceforge:
the jGuard documentation:
jGuard forums are open:
2 mailing-list are provided:
easy JAAS integration for j2ee has gone!
Log in to post a comment.