Menu

Problem Copying dta from word document

Developers
2004-04-26
2013-03-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi
    Am facing problem when I am copying some data containing the charecter ' (e.g- It's)in my text editor of my engine.When I am posting the text editor data to my servlet and publishing am getting some garbage charecters in my servlet and in my published file.am calling my servlet like this
    loadVariables("http://Server:8080/test/testGenerate", _root.mvtest, "POST");

if am writing same charecters directly in my texteditor of my movie symbol then there is no problem,only proble is coming when i am copying the single quote string from word file.

why it is behaving like this.also checked with my swt file and Jgenerator manager,same problem I am getting.

is there any solution for it friends..

regards
    mama
    pls mail me at mamasagarika@yahoo.co.uk

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm not exactly sure what you are doing, but I know that when I generate text, I can't use any character out of the ascii ranges 32->127 and 160->255 - as they are the only characters that flash embeds into the font (as a general rule). 

In flash itself (when you are not creating a dynamic or input text field), I think it gets the correct glyph for the unicode character and embeds it, but I'm not sure if JGenerator is capable of this.  We were having all sorts of fun trying to do that kind of thing with Macromedia Generator and eventually hit on the idea of creating a re-mapped font : moving the extended characters we wanted to display into the printable range, then just adding the corresponding character to the data to show.

Hope this helps