From: Neil Rotstan <neil@bl...> - 2003-02-22 18:16:31
JGAP is a genetic algorithms package written in Java. It is designed to
require minimum effort to use "out of the box," but is also designed to be
highly modular to allow for custom components to be easily plugged in by
the more adventurous.
JGAP 1.0 Release Candidate 1 (1.0-RC1 for short) is the first beta release
of JGAP. Changes in this release are directed at further stablizing the
code, making the API more consistent and easier to use, and increasing the
clarity, accuracy, and coverage of the documentation. As of this release,
the API is considered feature-complete and frozen for version 1.0.
Version 1.0-RC1 of JGAP can be downloaded from the JGAP home page, which
can be found at http://jgap.sourceforge.net
If you run into any problems or have any questions, we encourage you to
send an email to the jgap-users mailing list at:
Thanks for trying JGAP!
--The JGAP Team
Changelog for version 1.0-RC1
* Added new document on using the XMLManager to marshall populations
into XML representations that can be used for persistence, transmission,
* Renamed Allele class to Gene class and updated all of the source files
accordingly to fix source and documentation.
* Renamed Gene.setValue() and Gene.getValue() methods to Gene.setAllele()
and Gene.getAllele(), respectively.
* Renamed IntegerAllele to IntegerGene, BooleanAllele to BooleanGene,
and AlleleCreationException to GeneCreationException.
* Removed the MakeChange.java and MakeChangeFitnessFunction.java files
from the examples directory, as they added very little value given
the presence of the MinimizingMakeChange.java and
* Fixed default constructor in IntegerGene so that it will no longer
result in an ArithmeticException.
* Fixed compareTo() method in IntegerGene.
* Added hashCode() method to IntegerGene and BooleanGene.
* Made various other minor fixes.
* Removed the TestGenetics and TestXML examples.
* Updated introductory documentation.
* Updated various javadocs to increase clarity and accuracy.
* Updated the README file.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.