Today the Pentaho-team released the first milestone of an report wizzard for JFreeReport.
The original Pentaho News Flash follows:
The first milestone build of the Pentaho Report Design Wizard is now available! It was created to facilitate report authoring for JFreeReport. While the Report Design Wizard is flexible in its report generation, it is not possible to solve some specific requirements. The Report Design Wizard bridges the gap between manual editing of XML and having a complete report designer. First-time users will enjoy the ease of use and power of the Report Design Wizard. Meanwhile, expert users will appreciate the time savings the Report Design Wizard provides.
- Step-by-step JFreeReport wizard
- Ability to create JFreeReport given only a query
- Set Field alignments (horizontal/vertical)
- Master-detail reports
- Column calculations; e.g. sum, average, min, max..
- Ability to specify Group Header/Footer, Column Header and Details font/color
- Automatic column width calculations
- Ability to select page format, orientation, margins
- Ability to designate Group Page Breaking and Group Header Repeating on Page Breaks
- Data formatting using standard Java formatting for Dates, Strings and Numeric fields
- Integrated PDF/HTML live preview
- Action-sequence generation
- Export Reports to Solution Path
Download the Milestone build: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=140317
We love feedback! If you have downloaded the platform and played with it, post a note describing your environment and your impressions to our discussion forums at http://www.pentaho.org/discussion.
If you live in the Orlando area and would like to join the Pentaho team, send your resume to email@example.com