yesterday I started to redevelop jFileCrypt starting with the old 0.2.1 source.
The new code is available via SVN (it compiles, so you can test it) and has several new features:
1) a new archive format (technically, it is a encrypted zip, but the zip is encrypted as whole not every separately)
2) automatic SHA-1 hash calculation and verification to detect damaged files
3) Some little GUI improvements, like a dialog when pressing "stop" to tell you what's gonna happen...
4) jFileCrypt now encrypts using the CBC cipher mode, which is much safer than the previously used ECB.
5) you're now asked where to store your archive and the decrypted files, so you don't need to follow the defaults anymore.
Furthermore, its code has been partially redesigned (eg the progressBar code), it is now less code and easier to read.
I plan to release a beta version of 0.3 within the next two weeks. If someone wants to join development, is able to translate into any language but german and english (which i do myself) or has some good ideas, just post here on sourceforge or send a mail.
Log in to post a comment.