clicking buttons in jdk1.3

Help
Anonymous
2001-11-07
2001-12-04
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-11-07

Hi,

I have been trying the jfcunit-api for a week now and i must say that it works great( -> Better then anything else i tried)

I have been writing some testcases to manipulate our GUI in jdk1.2
    The idea behind all this is to test our gui's performance in different jdk's (most likely 1.2 and 1.3)

Now when i try to run my test in jdk1.3, it does not work.

eg.
    I have a button that saves my changes i made in the gui during my test.
    Normally i do (tested it : it works under 1.2):

helper.enterClickAndLeave(this, saveButton);
    awtSleep();

Under 1.3 the test suddenly stops processing.
    (It does not click the button.)

But if i change it to :
    saveButton.doClick();
    awtSleep();
    it works fine.

This means i have to change all my tests (which i don't like, of course)

Does anybody have any idea's on why this happens or how i should solve this problem ?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-11-07

Me again,

Important side-remark : 
      it seems to be pushing some buttons and some not ?
      It looks really wierd

Any comments are welcome.

• Vijay Aravamudhan

hi,
        I am one of the developers of JFCUnit and this problem does not seem to happen with my projects.
        I am really curious about what happens with the latest checked-in code from the CVS repos for JFCUnit. Can you please try it out and tell me if this problem persists?

You can email me directly at varavamu@yahoo.com - since I check this list only once a couple of days.

Thanks
        Vijay

• philippe boyer

philippe boyer - 2001-12-03

i have the same dead lock problem when clicking buttons on jre1.3.1 and jre1.3.0.

But the dead lock always happens using myButton.doClick(). If i use enterClickAndLeave() there is no dead lock.

I was not able to localise the dead lock in the code because jre1.3.x does not display the monitor cache dump anymore (after ctrl-pause on windows). If you know how to display it, i'll be able to localise the dead lock.

philippe

• Vijay Aravamudhan

There is no method in JFCUnit for doClick()!
        Are you using JFCUnit? If so, then the thread safe method would be to use the enterclickAndLeave() method. If not, I am not sure how to help you.
        Vijay