From: Jan Bartel <janb@mo...> - 2007-01-18 10:24:49
Webtide has released version 6.1.1beta0 of Jetty Hightide at
Hightide is an open source, versioned distribution of Jetty
providing a comprehensive toolset for the development of highly
scalable, state-of-the-art web 2.0 applications. It is optimized
for Ajax support and also ships with some popular Ajax libraries
that are integrated into the Ajax features of Jetty. Implementations
of JEE-related services, such as JNDI, JTA, JMS, JAAS and JDBC are
pre-integrated and ready to go.
HighTide highlights include:
* Jetty 6 scalable web container, patched with performance enhancements
* JettyPlus JNDI framework and JEE-related services
* Atomikos XA transaction manager
* ActiveMQ messaging service, including AJAX extensions for JMS to the browser
* cometd Ajax messaging
* working examples of Ajax push/cometd applications included
* supported by Webtide's premium services
Hightide is fully supported by the Webtide development team headed by the
lead developers of Jetty. Webtide gives long term support for Hightide
releases in production.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.