#15 Line numbers are off


I've noticed the reported line numbers are often a
little off from where I find the content in the file,
always being reported early. e.g. if Jester report a
prooblem on line 480 I'll typically find the actual
issue somewhere between 485 and 515.

Possibly, not definitely, the problem arises in the
ReportItem.lineNumber() function. I notice the lines
are counted by counting \n's. On a Mac this might be
\r with no \n's anywhere to be seen.

It's also possible (again, just a surmise) that you're
getting tripped up by character encodings. If the
character index is really a byte index, you might get
out of sync on UTF-8 and other variable width encodings.

However, although I'm not yet sure of exactly where the
problem lies. there definitely is a problem. Line
numbers are always a little off in my runs.


Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

No, thanks