Menu

I can not start the project!

Help
2009-10-11
2013-05-13
  • Felipe Almeida

Felipe Almeida - 2009-10-11

I'm trying to boot the JensOr, but he always returns me the message "There is JensOr in Running", I am using Win XP.

I leave as default in time to start the session (IP Address: localhost and port 21999)

I am following the steps of the manual to try to understand why it does not work then maybe you could make the file that's in the manual for the layman like me? rsrsrs

I do not know if it helps, but when I start it states that there is no project selected, do not know how I do to get the project selected.

Thank you,

Felipe

PS: I am Brazilian, forgive my mistakes of calligraphy … rsrs fault google translator

Follow the prompt:

C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\bin>startup.bat

C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\bin>java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp .;"C:\Arquivos de
    programas\Jensor\\lib\jensorjdk14-v19-win32.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jens
    or\\lib\jcommon-1.0.13.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\\lib\jfreechart-1.0
    .10.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\\lib\glazedlists-1.7.0_java14.jar" com
    .tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI
    Finding Platform info …
    Current platform is Windows XP
    JC-006: JENSOR_HOME : C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\
    ***** Project is not selected.
    Enter Pressed

C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\bin>startup.bat Test

C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\bin>java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp .;"C:\Arquivos de
    programas\Jensor\\lib\jensorjdk14-v19-win32.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jens
    or\\lib\jcommon-1.0.13.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\\lib\jfreechart-1.0
    .10.jar";"C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\\lib\glazedlists-1.7.0_java14.jar" com
    .tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI
    Finding Platform info …
    Current platform is Windows XP
    JC-006: JENSOR_HOME : C:\Arquivos de programas\Jensor\
    ***** Project is not selected.
    Enter Pressed

thanks…

• Suresh Malan

Suresh Malan - 2009-10-12

Hi Felipe,

It seems you are missing out on a few steps. In order to be able to use the JAW (Jensor Analysis Workbench), you need to have an Application instrumented and running.
        For instrumentation details, refer Section 6 Instrument-Deploy-Profile.
        For instrumentation, you will need to create a Project, and after instrumenting, while running the application in order to collate the logs and perform analysis, you can use the JAW, with the default port "21999".
        Do revert back in case of any further concerns.

Regards,

Suresh.

• Amol Khanapurkar

Hi Felipe,

Appreciate your asking questions. I hope we are able to help.

1) Jensor works on the concept of Byte code instrumentation. Currently, the instrumentation is done manually by using the GUI (Jensor Analysis Workbench) or through a set of command line utilities.

2) For instrumenting an application (jar, war, ear files), one needs to create a project.

3) Then the instrumented code needs to be deployed in your target environment.

4) The JAW then simply acts as a client to the instrumented application.

5) A sample application is shipped with Jensor to demo this concept. Have you had a chance to use that?

6) You will find detailed line-by-line instructions in Installation Manual under Installation Verfication section.

Happy to help !

Cheers,
    Amol

• Felipe Almeida

Felipe Almeida - 2009-10-12

hello Amol/Suresh!

I followed step by step user manual and Installation Guide as well (I did the steps of the command lines of section 6 of the user manual), he always says "there is no JensOr Running.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong, I sent the e-mail Amol my step by step.

And I realized that the WarInstrumentation to be executed, is reporting " 'C: Program Files \' is not recognized as an internal command
    or external, operable program or batch file. "

I appreciate the support you are providing me.

Thank you for my help,

Felipe