Menu

Jensor: Error while startup

Help
2008-02-27
2013-05-13
  • Padmanabhan K

Padmanabhan K - 2008-02-27

Team,
       We are getting error while running the Jensor application. Below is the error we are getting, could you please take a look into these and let us know why this is happening.

"C:\Program Files\Jensor\lib\jfreechart-1.0.2.jar" com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI
    Finding Platform info ...
    Current platform is Windows XP
    temp.env not found. Retrying in 1 sec
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: temp.env (The system cannot find the file specified)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at com.tcs.perc.jensor.util.GetEnv.getEnvProperties(GetEnv.java:75)
            at com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI.<init>(JensorProjectUI.java:116)
            at com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI.main(JensorProjectUI.java:527)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI.<init>(JensorProjectUI.java:125)
            at com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI.main(JensorProjectUI.java:527)

Regards,
    K.Padmanabhan

• Amol Khanapurkar

Sir,

While we look into why the error occurs try the following workaround
      1) goto %JENSOR_HOME%\bin in command prompt
      2) Type cmd /c set > temp.env

The second step should open a new command prompt and create a file called temp.env in      %JENSOR_HOME%\bin. This file should contain the value of JENSOR_HOME environment variable. If the file contains these values the startup problems should be resolved temporarily. We will try and reproduce the error at our end and get back soon.

Regards,
      Amol Khanapurkar

• Padmanabhan K

Padmanabhan K - 2008-02-27

Now i tried doing the same whatever you said. I got the message as "Access is denied". After getting the access, i selected startup.bat directlty from command prompt, now it went to the login page.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
      K.Padmanabhan

• Amol Khanapurkar

I am glad you are now able to use Jensor.

we couldnt reproduce the error you reported, so that leads me thinking that you may have / have had a very restrictive shell. If more errors follow I assure you will get timely support.

Regards,
      Amol Khanapurkar

• jobinbasani

jobinbasani - 2009-05-08

Hi,

I'm also getting the same error.

C:\Program Files\Jensor\bin>java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp .;"\lib\jensorjdk14-v19-w
      in32.jar";"\lib\jcommon-1.0.13.jar";"\lib\jfreechart-1.0.10.jar";"\lib\glazedlis
      ts-1.7.0_java14.jar" com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/tcs/perc/jensor/U
      I/JensorProjectUI
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjec
      tUI
              at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
              at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
      Could not find the main class: com.tcs.perc.jensor.UI.JensorProjectUI.  Program
      will exit.

The temp.env doesnt contain the JENSOR_HOME, though I can see it in my Environment variables list.
      I'm using Vista.

Can you please help?

• Amol Khanapurkar

Hi,

On Vista, install outside C:\Program Files, say C:\Jensor. Restrictions in writing inside the program files is what is preventing it from running.

Pls uninstall and re-install as mentioned above. Should solve your problem.

-Amol