Using JDK 1.5 RC1, BufferTabs slows down jEdit
tremendously, e.g. the textarea scrolls very slowly.
This happens only if the tabs are located below the
textarea, it does not happen if they are above it.
Logged In: YES
tested with JDK 1.5 Update 2.
Did not see any perfomance problem
Logged In: NO
I can confirm this bug for JRE 1.5.0_02 and 1.5.0_03. It
doesn't happen if you place the tabs at the top, but happens
in any other case (left, right and also bottom). So this bug
should be re-opened.
I need more information to work on that
- What Version of jEdit are you using ?
- What version of BufferTabs ?
- Do you see the problem with any type of file ?
- What OS are you using ?
- Can you check the activity log for any relevant error ?
Logged In: YES
My jEdit version is the current stable version, "4.2 final"
in the about-dialog. BufferTabs' version number is 0.8.3.
Just now I have verified the performance loss with a plain
text-file without any syntax-highlighting.
I use jEdit under Windows XP.
Can't you reproduce this behaviour, at least under Windows?
I am using Windows XP, jEdit 4.2final without this problem
- with docking on each side and without
- without any docking
- creating a new file or editing an existing
- more than 10 tabs open
- scrolled with key, mouse wheel, and lift
I don't know what else to do to repeat.
Do you have other plugins docked ?
Do you use a skin ?
Can you check the activity log ( utilities>troubleshooting )
when this happens ?
I tested the slow-down under many circumstances:
- with BufferTabs on each side of the window (I don't know
how to configure BufferTabs to float)
- with javaw.exe from jdk 1.5.0_02
- after I noticed that the Windows-link of jEdit used the
jdk and not the jre, I changed it to jre 1.5.0_03
- with all non-standard plugins deinstalled (deactivating
plugins in the plugin manager doesn't work for me - after
restarting jEdit, all plugins are active again, so this
doesn't work for plugins that cannot be unloaded dynamically).
I will send you my activity.log per mail to your sourceforge
Log in to post a comment.