#169 AntFarm ClassCastException

closed-fixed
None
5
2006-08-30
2003-08-24
No

When the "Run ant targets in the same JVM" option is
checked and a CLASSPATH is added for the runtime (such
as C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\j2ee.jar), the following error is
reported by jEdit:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.
getPluginJAR(Ljava/lang/String;)
Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/EditPlugin$JAR;
at antfarm.AntFarmPlugin.
loadCustomClasspath(Unknown Source)
at antfarm.TargetRunner.runAntTarget(Unknown
Source)
at antfarm.TargetRunner.run(Unknown Source)

If at this point I close jEdit, the AntFarm plugin does not
start anymore.

Another way of defining the j2ee classes in my classpath
is to add them to the jEdit command line, but then
AntFarm crashes while loading my build.xml with the
following error:

[error] Project: java.lang.ClassCastException
[error] Project: at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.
newInstance(Unknown Source)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.util.JAXPUtils.
newParserFactory(JAXPUtils.java:112)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.util.JAXPUtils.
getParserFactory(JAXPUtils.java:99)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.util.JAXPUtils.
newSAXParser(JAXPUtils.java:160)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.util.JAXPUtils.
getParser(JAXPUtils.java:130)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.
ProjectHelperImpl.parse(ProjectHelperImpl.java:134)
[error] Project: at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.
configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:117)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntFarm.
parseBuildFile(Unknown Source)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntFarm.getProject(Unknown
Source)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntTree$ProjectNode.
<init>(Unknown Source)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntTree$RootNode.
createAndSortProjectNodes(Unknown Source)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntTree$RootNode.
populate(Unknown Source)
[error] Project: at antfarm.AntTree$2.run(Unknown
Source)
[error] Project: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.
dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventQueue.
dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:454)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.
pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:
201)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.
pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.
pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.
pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
[error] Project: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.
run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

[message] Log: When reporting bugs, please include the
following information:
[message] Log: java.version=1.4.2
[message] Log: java.vm.version=1.4.2-b28
[message] Log: java.runtime.version=1.4.2-b28
[message] Log: java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
[message] Log: java.compiler=null
[message] Log: os.name=Windows 2000
[message] Log: os.version=5.0
[message] Log: os.arch=x86
[message] Log: user.home=C:\Documents and
Settings\grimo
[message] Log: java.home=C:\j2sdk1.4.2\jre
[message] Log: java.class.path=%CLASSPATH%;C:
\Program Files\jEdit 4.2pre4\jedit.jar

Discussion

  • Pierre Grimaud

    Pierre Grimaud - 2003-08-24
    • priority: 5 --> 9
     
  • Pierre Grimaud

    Pierre Grimaud - 2003-08-24

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=530082

    Additionnaly, if I select "run ant targets using an external
    script file", I get the following error in the Activity log trying to
    run any ant task:

    [error] Thread-3: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: SYSTEM_SHELL
    [error] Thread-3: at antfarm.TargetRunner.
    runAntCommand(Unknown Source)
    [error] Thread-3: at antfarm.TargetRunner.
    runAntTarget(Unknown Source)
    [error] Thread-3: at antfarm.TargetRunner.run(Unknown
    Source)

    I raised the bug to the highest priority since I basically cannot
    use ant anymore...
    All of that was working just fine with jEdit 4.1final....

     
  • Pierre Grimaud

    Pierre Grimaud - 2003-08-25
    • priority: 9 --> 6
     
  • Pierre Grimaud

    Pierre Grimaud - 2003-08-25

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=530082

    Ok, it seems like I messed up my classpath quite a bit.
    Hopefully you have learned to ignore my bugs by now ;-)

    The Run from the same JVM option seems to be working,
    though it was much more flexible (when I messed up my
    CLASSPATHs) before. I have now to specify all my classpath
    for compile time in my build.xml, which I think is the way it
    should be...

    Anyways, I still leave this bug open because the run from
    external script option doesn't work... I tried it on UNIX
    (Solaris) as well as on Windows2k with no luck.

     
  • James Wilson

    James Wilson - 2003-08-26
    • assigned_to: nobody --> jiwils
     
  • James Wilson

    James Wilson - 2003-08-26

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=688607

    Please resubmit a new bug with the problem indicated in your
    comments as the description of the bug. I don't want to
    have one bug listed, but have to scroll all the way to the
    bottom (where the comments are) in order to see that it is
    really another. This makes it hard for others looking at
    AntFarm bugs to no what the issue is.

     
  • James Wilson

    James Wilson - 2003-08-26
    • status: open --> open-rejected
     
  • James Wilson

    James Wilson - 2003-08-26
    • priority: 6 --> 5
     
  • Alan Ezust

    Alan Ezust - 2006-08-30

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=935841

    Please try a newer version of AntFarm.

     
  • Alan Ezust

    Alan Ezust - 2006-08-30
    • status: open-rejected --> closed-fixed
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks