Using ColumnRuler 1.0.1 (cvs trunk build) and jEdit
4.3pre7 (svn trunk build), jEdit hangs up sometimes
when opening a file. This patch fixes this problem and
also fixes some minor bugs.
* Major bug fixes
* Avoid ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException in paint() by
testing isLoading() status of a buffer before
accessing its content.
* Fix a leak of the buffer read lock which leads to
a deadlock. This was sometimes caused by above
problem when opening a file.
* Minor bug fixes
* Avoid visual rattle on enabling the column ruler.
Previously, correct height was returned by
getPreferredSize() after the first paint().
* Make selection hightlighting in rectangular
selection mode follow the horizontal scroll.
* Accompanied code changes
* Minimize the duration of the buffer read lock.
* Remove cached metrics to simplify the codes.
* Remove unused private methods.
* ...and, some more trivial changes.
While loading a new buffer, the text area holds the
old selection. This state was introduced by r5222
which avoids a race condition. It might be better to
check buffer.isLoading() in JEditTextArea before
returning information about selections.
Log in to post a comment.