The attached diff removes some incorrectly displayed warnings about de-activated plugins when selecting a pluginset.
Tested against 4.3.x and 4.4pre1
Please specify the set of revision numbers in trunk, instead of the
attachment, to ensure the change is really working in trunk.
Assignment is set by reviewer when he/she actually started the review.
Merge for rev# 16778 and 16779
Edited diff of both revs, with missing code
Reviewed but rejected for now.
I got unnecessary popup warnings with this fixes when loading a plugin
set which I created from my normal settings into a fresh build with
-nosettings. I could narrow down the plugin set having the warnings to
<pluginset><plugin name="BufferTabs" jar="BufferTabs.jar" /></pluginset>
Is this a problem in BufferTabs?
It seems that the change in InstallPanel.StringMapHandler#startElement()
is not relevant to the popup warnings mentioned in the log message of
r16778. It changed the element of pluginSet from plugin names
(compatible with PluginList.Plugin#name) to jar file names (compatible
with PluginList.Plugin#jar). In restoreSelection(), it is tested
as pluginSet.contains(*name*) which looks wrong. But strangely, it
Could you please explain why the above change works? It's of course
better to tweak the code to look correct.
If the above change is another user visible change, please add another
entry in CHANGES.txt.
The reason you got something strange for BufferTabs was due to an error in the plugin central database. I just set the "Jar Filename" of that package to BufferTabs.jar and I bet you that problem will go away.
As for why it works, it's really strange but it seems that the plugin name returns something different depending on whether the plugin is loaded or not.
Dropped BufferTabs from testing because it seems to have an issue about
the dependency to GnuRegexp.
But I can't still confirm the fix because I can't reproduce the problem
(unnecessary warning popup) at 4.3.x r16934 with the attached plugin
It loads without warnings both at r16934 and after half applied the fix
about use of jar file name.
Could you please provide a test case?
A plugin set used in test
Try switching between the big pluginset and the small pluginset, and you'll see the extra popups that are gone in trunk.
Thank you for providing the test case. Now I can see some warnings
before the fix, and they disappear after the fix.
But I still don't understand the behavior. Why the plugins are not
deselected when switching to the smaller plugin set? Is this really
Another thing I don't understand is that some warnings popup when
opening the [Install] panel initially. They also seem to be incorrect
Switching to the smaller plugin set from the manage panel disables the plugins that are not listed in it.
That is the documented behavior. And it works great as long as you are hiding libraries when you do it.
But I don't really use that feature very often.
As for your popups from the install panel, can you be more specific? Which plugin set was active when you displayed it, and which plugins were already running at the time?
As for popup warnings when you are
I'm testing only on [Install] panel.
After switching from your pluginset.xml to pluginset-small.xml,
Activator, AntPlugin, Archive are left selected but they are not
included in pluginset-small.xml.
The warnings saids Code2HTML is required by Navigator, and GnuRegexp is
required by XSearch. Now I see these are fault in pluginset-small.xml;
it has Navigator but doesn't have Code2HTML which is required.
I removed Navigator and XSearch from pluginset-small.xml and the
warnings on opening the [Install] panel disappeared.
I never really tested *SWITCHING* pluginsets on the install panel, since I never could think of a use case. Typically, you either select one or you clear it from there. The only reason to SWITCH pluginsets would be when you are in the manage panel, as far as I can imagine.
Rev# 17035 addresses the issue of switching pluginsets from the installpanel.
I am still not quite sure why I see a warning about RFCReader and Hyperlinks when I switch, but that's the only warning I see now.
Sorry but setting Assigned back to None, since I found some more
prioritized works to do (including for jEdit) before this.
For everyone, please feel free to take over this from me. I'm personally
not so interested in nor familiar with the pluginset feature.
I agree. I think the pluginset needs to be reworked and it is not worth fiddling with in the stable branch.
There are other more important things to do.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.