jEdit 2.6pre6 is now available from <http://jedit.sourceforge.net>.
This is going to be the last release for a few weeks, because I'm going
to New Zealand for a holiday. To make things easier for me, file bugs in
the bug tracker, instead of reporting them to the list. Also, I would
appreceate it if you took the time to fix bugs you find yourself, and
send me a patch, so that I don't have a huge list of things to do when
I come back.
* Version 2.6pre6
- While the complete word popup is visible, pressing any key except that
handled by the popup (Up, Down, Enter, Escape) will hide the popup and
pass the key to the view
- Shortcut changes:
CS+DELETE becomes S+DELETE
CS+BACKSPACE becomes S+BACKSPACE
CA+[ becomes C+e [
CA+] becomes C+e ]
C+e C+x becomes C+/
F7 becomes C+,
F8 becomes C+.
'Gutter Expanded' is now bound to C+'
- jEdit no longer prints exceptions to the console if errors occur with
the edit server. This is to avoid confusing newbies. They are still
printed to the activity log.
- When windows are docked into a view, double-clicking on a separator bar
will collapse/expand it
- jEdit now attempts to work around bugs in the key event handling of
various Java implementations
- Various workarounds to make complete-word and command line popups work
+ Bug Fixes
- Incremental search didn't work
- Fixed compile error on JDK 1.3 in BrowserListView.java
- On Windows, opening FILE.txt and then file.txt used to open the same
file in two buffers. jEdit now detects when it is running on an OS
with a case-insensitive filesystem (Windows or MacOS) and adjusts
- Attempting to fix some bugs people have experienced with the Complete Word
and command line completion popups under certain Java versions