After I upgraded to Java 7, jEdit stopped to respond to key events after re-gaining window focus.
After selecting View-New view, in the opened view everything works fine (until refocusing again, of course), in the old view the problems persist.
What doesn't work:
- entering text in text area
- navigating menus after mouse-clicking on menubar
- text entering and keyboard navigation in dialogs
Steps to reproduce
1. Start jEdit cleanly
$ rm new.settings
$ mkdir new.settings
$ jedit -settings=new.settings
2. Focus on text area by clicking inside (don't close "jEdit Help" window!)
3. Try typing (new characters appear in text area) or hit any shortcut (works)
4. Lose focus (either Alt-TAB to other window, or click with a mouse on other window or desktop)
5. Gain focus (either Alt-TAB to jEdit window, or click with a mouse on jEdit's text area)
Log in to post a comment.