Menu

Created DITA file, now it reopens without DITA menu

Help
2016-06-06
2016-06-06
  • Mikhail Ramendik

Hello,

I am trying to use jaxe as a DITA editor. I have created a DITA reference topic and it was a very good experience.

However, I saved the file, and after I opened it in Jaxe again. Jaxe no longer shows the DITA menu for it. I can select open configuration>DITA but then Jaxe just shows a new window with the DITA menu.

They document type never changed and it is valid DITA (it transforms in DITA-OT just fine). Is it possible to make jaxe use the DITA menu for it?

I did some elimination testing and found that even just ading the reference tag without anything else makes the file open withpout the DITA menu (sample attached). I would really appreciate a way to get this menu! There is a workaround, I can create a new file and cut-paste into it each time, but that is a pain.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

Last edit: Mikhail Ramendik 2016-06-06
  • Damien Guillaume

Jaxe is using the root element to try to guess which configuration to use, unless you specify it on the command line. You file has a "reference" root element, which unfortunately also exists in Docbook. If you are not using Docbook, you could just remove that configuration from the config folder, and Jaxe will not make that mistake again.

• Mikhail Ramendik

Thanks! Could you tell me how to specify the configuration on the command line? (Or perhaps there is a full command line reference somewhere?)

I am planning to use jaxe primarily for DITA. So I would just put the DITA command line setting into the icon for it.