Menu

Jawmail 2 and Redhat 8.0/Apache 2.0/php4.2.2

Help
2002-12-12
2002-12-12
  • Christopher R. Ianniello

I am having issues installing Jawmail 2.0 on a freshinstall of Redhat 8.0.  I am getting these errors when I run test.php
    If anything is in red, you've got a problem. Fix it.

If anything is in orange, it might not work if your setup depends on that extension.

Check the documentation!

Basic PHP information
    Show phpinfo()

PEAR files
    -
    -
    -
    -

PHP modules
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

PHP configuration
    Magic quotes - runtime: Disabled

Magic quotes - GPC: Disabled

Register globals - Disabled

include_path - Okay

include_path's first entry - . - Okay

JAW tests

As you can see I do not get a list of modules when I do the test.  Not even a red statement stating they are not installed ect....... Same setup works fine on a RH 7.2 box with apache 1.3.x.  Is this a apache 2.0 error??

• Rudi Benkovic

Rudi Benkovic - 2002-12-12

Don't use Apache 2 with that version of PHP!

Most probably knuckleheads at Red Hat ;) set the PHP directive short_open_tag to Off, altough it should be On by default.

Oh, and who told you to load test.php? Install.php does all the checks. Well... at least it tries. With short_open_tag set to Off, it won't work.

• Christopher R. Ianniello

You were right. short_open_tag  was set to off I run the install.php ( which runs test.php i think) now I get a modules list.  it only gives me 2 errors right now.

PEAR files
      PEAR.php - Present.
      Mail.php - Present.
      DB.php - Present.
      Crypt/HCEMD5.php - Present.
      Net/Socket.php - Missing!

Gettext support - Present!
      IMAP - Present!
      IMAP 2000 - Present!
      MySQL - Present!
      XML - Present!
      Multi-Byte String Functions - Missing! Sorry, the installation process cannot proceed without this extension.

Redhat came wit htis verison preinstalled with apache2.0.x looks liek i might have to install my own veriosn of apache and php.  I should know better to trust redhat to put out a stable / working distro at the x.0 verison.