Anonymous
2002-09-08
2002-09-10
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-09-08

Hello,

we use jawmail-2.0rc2
    with cyrus, timesieved and postfix

Is it vacation enabled comes no replies to the sender.

it is other filter-rules on with reject-rules that work's and send messages or the mail back top the sender.

please help!

regards

thomas

• Rudi Benkovic

Rudi Benkovic - 2002-09-08

The vacation state will only work if you set a message to the address that has To: set to your From: line ... Otherwise, check some Sieve drafts if I screwed up something with the generation of the Sieve script ... It also didn't work for me, but the script generates the correct syntax ... I hope :-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-09-08

Hello,
      at the bottom yoe see the jaw.script

Sorry, what i have to enable vacation and i have to  add in the to: field an automatic-answer-text or what?
      I thought the answer-text ist the text from the vacation-box!

Please,  which field's or which application i have to modified too, that the vacation-answer work's.

Thank's

Reagard's

Thomas

require ["vacation"];

vacation :days 30 :addresses ["user1@testdomain.de"] "I am on vacation";

## ## ##
      #YToyOntzOjc6ImZpbHRl.........................................
      and other codelines

• Rudi Benkovic

Rudi Benkovic - 2002-09-08

This means that only messages sent to the address "user1@testdomain.de" will be replied with a vacation message... I doubt that you own this domain :)

To alter this address, go to "Preferences -> Personal Options" and set "From address" to the correct address and then re-enable the vacation filter (turn it off and on).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-09-10

Hello,
      ok. vacation now work but
      please tell me in which priority works this filter (sieve)
      First: vacation or
      first other filter-rules.
      sample.
      i had 5 filter's entrys
      and vacation is enabled
      go the incoming message first trough the vacation-rule or first trough the named-filters?

I thought when a message comes in and the first or second filter-rules is correct, then tke the sieve an exit and go not to the vacation-rule or other rules.
      It is correct?
      Or have the vacation-rule high-priority for all other rules?

Now one tipp for your system.
      When you add a filter, the side jump back to the vacation-side with the named filters take you now refresh this side with the browser, then you have a copy from the filter what did you  create bevor. Ok it's not a big problem but in your new release you can check this.
      Otherwise it's works very good.

Thank's

Best regards

Thomas