Menu

Anyone using Qmail/Vpopmail and IMAP?

2002-05-19
2002-06-01
  • Tom Williams

Tom Williams - 2002-05-19

I'm running Qmail 1.03, vpopmail 5.2, courier-imap 1.4.5 and JAWmail 1.0rc1.  Everything works fine except for one of my virtual user accounts which I can use for only a few mintues BEFORE I can't login anymore.

I've tried cranking up the MAXPERIP setting in my IMAP config to something outrageous, but that doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone here experienced this SAME problem and found a solution?

Thanks...

Peace.....

Tom

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-06-01

Running the same backend with the 0.9.20 jawmail
      and haven't seen this issue - is it the mail server with the problem or Jawmail/Web?

• Tom Williams

Tom Williams - 2002-06-01

I think the problem ultimately turned out to be with Courier-IMAP and using the "authdaemon" authentication method.  When I built Courier-IMAP with JUST authvchkpw as the authmodule, then these problems seemed to have disappeared.

Now, I'm seeing ANOTHER problem where in my Apache server status output, various child processes that WERE serving JAWmail pages/files are dying off leaving "dead" process slots.  (I know it sounds confusing).

I'm not EXTREMELY worried about this behavior, but I'm wondering if a child process dies if there is a problem encountered with JAWmail.

I'm still trying to figure out what is going on....

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Peace...

Tom