Thanks for offering to build this feature but I think that
you may already
have it sort of. Your LB algorithm selects a server to
assign the browser
session to. What I want to do it make sure that no new
sessions are started
with a server in the cluster so I can phase it out. Here
is the procedure I
would like to follow.
1) Have two servers running in the cluster running.
2) Tell the LB that one of the servers is not to accept
3) When there are no longer any more requests being
sent to the server we
told not to accept new connections I'll shut down the
web server instance.
4) Update the code on the server
5) Start the web server instance.
This will allow me to phase out all sessions without
disrupting service to
I hope you have a better picture now. Let me know if
there is anything you
would like me to do. Thanks in advance, TL.
Log in to post a comment.