new SDK

Help
2009-03-23
2013-05-01
  • Pieter Colpaert

Pieter Colpaert - 2009-03-23

Hi,

Some problems occurred when I tried to install your app on android. I think it might be because someone should build it for the newly released SDK. Is this possible?

I tried to build it using eclipse without success.

Thanks,
    Pieter

• Jörg Jahnke

Jörg Jahnke - 2009-03-24

Yes, I discontinued AndroidGB and did not switch to the latest SDK.

• Pieter Colpaert

Pieter Colpaert - 2009-03-24

Can you help me porting this to the new SDK? Would be great.

Did you use Eclipse? How should I load it into Eclipse? I got the new SDK installed.

Thanks,
      Pieter

• Jörg Jahnke

Jörg Jahnke - 2009-03-24

Hi,

I actually did the port as closed source (it's all my code, so I can do this) and published it on androidmarket.com. Therefore I am not particularly interested in another port.

It was Eclipse I used. There are instructions on how to use Eclipse for Android development on http://developer.android.com/

• Pieter Colpaert

Pieter Colpaert - 2009-03-24

that's such a pity. I use an openmoko with ported version of android. The google market place doesn't work and I want to put as much non-proprietary software on it as possible. (It's a dualboot with a normal openmoko release... that release is, for me, not as usable as Android yet, so I use Android as daily phone, and the other OS as developing system)

When I try to run the imported project in eclipse it prints a load of errors which I don't have enough experience for to fix. Any help would be appreciated very very much.

Pieter

• Jörg Jahnke

Jörg Jahnke - 2009-03-25

Btw., one thing I noticed is that the Android version of Java GB, I later named it MobileBoy because Android market does not allow the "Android" in application names, is significanty slower than the J2ME version that runs e.g. on Nokia or Sony Ericsson phones. On the T-Mobile G1, with its 528 MHz CPU, the emulator runs slower than on my previous Nokia E65 with its old 200 MHz CPU. You can do a Google search for "MobileBoy" and find some reviews and critics. Overall I was quite disappointed. For the time being I think I will not invest any further time in the Android platform for emulators.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks