Menu

Viewer Control

Developers
2005-09-17
2012-11-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am new to djvu. I have a few questions on the following:
    1. I plan to develop my win32 application that displays djvu document. Is there any active-X control or library that i can use to have it display on my application window ?

2. My application must allow text in djvu document to be highlighted when a matching text was found. Is that possible with djvu ?

3. Is it possible to create a link (url, page reference) in djvu document that allows it to jump straight to another page in djvu (very much like in pdf file)?

Thanks in advance.

• Dr Bill C Riemers

In order of your questions:

1. You have several choices.

A. You could use the DjVuLibre decode API in your application, if your application is open source.

B. You could use the LizardTech Inc. DjVu plugin. I converted this into an ActiveX control a few years ago, when IE stopped supporting plugins. I believe Mike Rosen has improved on the Active-X control since then to make it scriptable. Check if the software license allows this...

C. You could add the applet into your application using JNI or the sun java plugin. Note: To connect to the code using JNI, your application will need to be opensource. To connect using the java plugin (which must also be an ActiveX control) you must comply with the terms of Sun's license.

2. Of course. Check out the properties for whatever method you use to display the documents.

3. Of course. Look for DjVuSolo. I believe you can still find it on the www.planetdjvu.com website.

Bill