Menu

Wish lists?

2004-12-28
2012-11-08
  • Brewster Kahle

Brewster Kahle - 2004-12-28

Is there a proper place to post wish list items? Is this maintained somewhere by the admins?

I am hoping that this project really takes off as an open-access book format, so having a way for programmers to fruitfully engage would be great.

-brewster

• Nobody/Anonymous

By the way I just wanted to add that this application is AWESOME! I would love to see this become the standard way of viewing DjVu files! No plugins, no cross-platform issues, it would just work!

Thanks for all your work!

Jonathan
      http://www.adventistarchives.org

• Dr Bill C Riemers

Thanks. I am glad to hear you are pleased with the progress.

Bill

• Dr Bill C Riemers

This is as good of a place as any. I just added this to my watched list, so I'll be notified of new posts.

Bill

• Nobody/Anonymous

The whole document search functionality doesn't seem to be working (for indirect documents at least). Are you planning to implement text highlighting eventually? I like the text tab as well though.

Also it seems there is a problem with cycling through pages and the page zoom switching back and forth between whole page and 200%!

Jonathan Brauer
      brauerj@gc.adventist.org

• Dr Bill C Riemers

Hi Jonathan,

Can you be more specific about the steps to produce the problems and submit the details as a bug? Just click on bugs at the top javadjvu homepage.

Full Document search appears to work for me. Here is what I did just now as a test:

1. Browse to http://javadjvu.sourceforge.net/Examples.html
        2. Click on "Scientific American"
        3. Click the search icon
        4. Type proteomics
        5. Click the search document forward button ">>"
        6. Repeat until I stepped through the whole document.

I did have to wait awhile, because I am not servering the document with the cache=yes option each page had to be downloaded prior to search.

I ran this test is on Windows XP, Firefox 1.0, Java 1.5.0 update 4.

I have not seen the 200% problem on the Windows box, but I did notice it under MacOSX. I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Please submit this bug as well with the particulars of the environment producing the problem, so I do not forget to investigate this further.

Bill

• Dr Bill C Riemers

Hmmm. I failed to notice your query about hilighting. Based on your questions I'm guessing you are using MacOSX. For some strange reason XOR highlighting only works part of the time on the Mac. I am guessing it has to do with the way the Java implementation does double buffering. The same thing is probably what causes images to appear at the wrong size and then instantly correct themselves.

Chances are there are internal race conditions with the screen memory somewhere in the code for VolitileImage classes. Unfortunately, there is little I can do in an applet to correct a system class. However, the receint update was architected in such a way that in the future it will be possible to do the highlighting at a lower level. In theory, that will bypass bug that keeps search terms from appearing highlighted on the mac, and allow support for highlighted annotations as well.

I'll post a followup when I have an idea when this update will be implemented.

Bill