Issue in Running JavaCallTracer with WebSphere 6.1

Suresh
2013-12-31
2014-01-25
  • Suresh

Suresh - 2013-12-31

Hi ,

I am using JavaCallTracer 1.4.1.
    Trying to setup JavaCallTracer in RAD 7.5 on Websphere server6.1.

I have added the following ‘–agentpath’ argument in Websphere JVM argument list using WebSphere admin console (ApplicationServers -> server1 -> Process Definition - >Java Virtual Machine - >Generic JVM Arguments).

-agentpath:C:/CallTracer/Java/Usecase/calltracer5.dll=traceFile-C:/ >CallTracer/Java/Usecase/output.xml,filterFile-C:/ CallTracer/Java/Usecase/filters.txt,outputType->xml,usage-controlled -Dcalltracerlib=calltracer5

I have placed the calltracer5.dll from JavaCallTracer zip in C:/CallTracer/Java/Usecase folder.

When I try to Restart the Websphere server, I am always getting the following error:

JVMJ9TI003E Agent_OnLoad failed for library C:\CallTracer\Java\Usecase\calltracer5.dll
    ERROR: Unable to create jvmtiEnv, GetEnv failed, error=-3
    JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9jvmti23(-3): JVMJ9VM009E J9VMDllMain failed
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.

How to add the -Djava.library.path value (path of calltracer dll file) in WAS admin console?

Can you please guide me to help resolve this issue. Have I missed out any steps in WebSphere configuration in Admin console?

Thanks & Regards,
    Suresh

• Suresh

Suresh - 2013-12-31

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your response.

I did tried adding the native library path (using both solution A and B as mentioned in that blog).

For solution A, I added an new Environment Entry with name as "PATH" and value as "C:/CallTracer/Java/Usecase".
    For solution B, I added a new JVM custom property with name as "java.library.path" and value as "C:/CallTracer/Java/Usecase".

Then I added the "-agentpath ..." and "-Dcalltracerlib ..." arguments under "Generic JVM Arguments" section.

When I try to stop and restart WAS6.1 server, Im again getting the same error as below:

VMJ9TI003E Agent_OnLoad failed for library C:\CallTracer\Java\Usecase\calltracer5.dll
    ERROR: Unable to create jvmtiEnv, GetEnv failed, error=-3
    JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9jvmti23(-3): JVMJ9VM009E J9VMDllMain failed
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks
    Suresh

• Syed Ali Naqvi

Syed Ali Naqvi - 2014-01-23

What is the JVM of your Websphere 6.1? Please note that this must be a JDK not a JRE.

• Suresh

Suresh - 2014-01-24
    Post awaiting moderation.
  • Syed Ali Naqvi

Syed Ali Naqvi - 2014-01-25

Looks like either a JVM bug or no support for jvmti in WAS 6.1 JVM.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks