2012-10-10
  • Bahman Movaqar

Bahman Movaqar - 2011-07-25

Hi,

I'm trying to run a report using the following -this report is becoming a
    legend :-)

<jr:reportFrame value="/reports/productCategory.jasper" format="html"
                    width="100%" height="300px">
        <jr:source id="reportSource" type="jdbc" value="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/jsftest1">
            <f:attribute name="driverClassName" value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"/>
            <f:attribute name="username" value="jsf"/>
            <f:attribute name="password" value="123"/>
        </jr:source>
    </jr:reportFrame>

But I get:

net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.renderkit.UnsupportedExporterException: net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.engine.export.HtmlExporter
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.renderkit.ReportRenderer.encodeContent(ReportRenderer.java:103)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.component.UIOutputReport.encodeContent(UIOutputReport.java:122)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhaseListener.invokeContextCallback(RenderResponsePhaseListener.java:134)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1290)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:677)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1299)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:677)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhaseListener.beforePhase(RenderResponsePhaseListener.java:106)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.handleBeforePhase(Phase.java:228)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:99)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:313)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:240)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:563)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:403)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:301)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:162)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I've tested for PDF and HTML formats and in both cases the result is the same
    exception. It's a JSF2+JPA2 project running on Tomcat 7.

I'd appreciate any ideas/help. TIA,

--
    Bahman

• Bahman Movaqar

I tried with all other formats and the same exception popped up.

--
    Bahman

• Bahman Movaqar

Forgot to ask: Are there any special libraries I should add to classpath?

--
    Bahman

• Alonso Dominguez

Did some changes this last two dates. It should work in almost all cases right
    now.

Just wait a while until current package gets propagated along all the SF's
    mirrors. Please, be back with feedback to know wheter last changes have solved
    the issues or not.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

P.D.: I'll consider the issue with the libraries (and package size) a minor
    issue. You can create a feature request at SF's page and I'll will deal with
    it in the future version (it's an issue regarding Maven and the way it creates
    the distribution package).

• Frank Claros

Frank Claros - 2011-07-26

Hi.

I have the same problem and I was wondering if it's already fixed or somebody
    is working in it.

Thanks a lot!

• Frank Claros

Hi again.

I downloaded the last binaries and my app throws the same exception.

net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.renderkit.UnsupportedExporterContentTypeException: net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.engine.export.PdfExporter
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.renderkit.ReportRenderer.encodeContent(ReportRenderer.java:102)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.component.UIOutputReport.encodeContent(UIOutputReport.java:122)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhaseListener.invokeContextCallback(RenderResponsePhaseListener.java:135)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1253)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:672)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1262)
        at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:672)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.jsf.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhaseListener.beforePhase(RenderResponsePhaseListener.java:107)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.handleBeforePhase(Phase.java:228)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:99)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:313)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1523)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:279)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:188)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:97)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.invoke(PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.java:85)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:185)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:325)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:226)
        at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:165)
        at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(ProcessorTask.java:791)
        at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.doProcess(ProcessorTask.java:693)
        at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.process(ProcessorTask.java:954)
        at com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:170)
        at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:135)
        at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:102)
        at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:88)
        at com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:76)
        at com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:53)
        at com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:57)
        at com.sun.grizzly.ContextTask.run(ContextTask.java:69)
        at com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:330)
        at com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:309)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I'm trying to print a test report that doesn't have anything else than a
    static text using this code line:

<jr:reportFrame value="/reports/test.jasper" format="pdf" width="900" height="900"/>

• Frank Claros

By the way.

I'm using Glassfish 3.0.1 and NetBeans 6.9 and the following jar:

-groovy-all-1.8.1.jar
    -jasperreports-4.0.2.jar
    -jasperreports-jsf-1.0-beta-4.jar

Thanks!!

• Bahman Movaqar

Bahman Movaqar - 2011-07-27

@frankclaros: AFIAK you should stick to JasperReports 3.7.1 for the moment
    (see the JAR files bundled with JR-JSF). This will not solve the current issue
    but perhaps will save you time later on.

--
    Bahman

• Alonso Dominguez

Still the same issue? Thought it was resolved since my test cases were
    working... anyway, will take a look into it and try to recreate the problem

• Bahman Movaqar

Bahman Movaqar - 2011-07-27

Woohoo! The report runs! Thanks Alonso for the fix.

BTW, I have a suggestion: to speed up development/test cycle we can hangout in
    IRC (say #jr-jsf on irc.freenode.net) from time to time.

--
    Bahman

• Frank Claros

Frank Claros - 2011-07-27

It's working :D

I think that the package wasn't propagated in the mirrors, today I downloaded,
    made the changes and it's working.

BTW I had to work with jasperreports-4.0.2.jar because when I added
    JasperReports 3.7.1 the app thrown another error because the version I
    compiled the .jasper file.