After a long time Janox Development Team is pleased to announce the availability of Janox 1.8.01.
This release is a major improvement in the Janox architecture, providing portability and stability enhancements, lots of bug fixes and many new features.
Some of the highlights:
- PHP 5.2-5.3 compatibility
- SQL COUNT-less recordset retrieving for better performances
- Added SQLite3 gateway
- Added Confirm instruction
- Added Zoom-program to activate a field
- Added internationalization and applications translation tools
- Added Status-bar and Notification-area and related functions
- Enabled vertical scrolling for db-grid
- Added footer for db-grid
- HTML page produced in Strict mode
- Enabled multiple sessions from the same browser
- New functions added in context-menu for Administrator and Developer (Application configuration, Execute program by name, Generate login page, ...)
- Manage splitted tables repository to lighten session
This release is a big step towards Janox 2.0. Try out the experimental Full-AJAX mode: give a new life to your Janox applications with a fully new user experience!
To activate the experimental Full-AJAX mode use the new Application Configuration interface in context menu Administrator > Options > Advanced configuration and set "full_ajax" parameter to "ON". NO MODIFICATIONS TO PROGRAMS ARE NEEDED!
All Janox users are encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
For users coming from earlier Janox versions there is an upgrading guide, detailing needed actions for converting projects and archives, titled "Janox versioning", available:
- on-line on Janox site (Activity/Documentation)
- in the Janox package (janox/doc/topics)
For a full list of changes in Janox 1.8.01, see the release_notes.txt file.
Log in to post a comment.