Eleven months after the last major JAMWiki release, the rosy-cheeked
JAMWiki 1.3 release (code name "Reuben") is now available for download
This release is a major release that contains significant new features
as well as bug fixes and enhancements including:
* User preference updates. Users can now customize date formats and
time zone. Tools for administering the default date and time zone
formats for the wiki have also been improved.
* Wiki user group management. The administrative UI for managing user
groups has been updated to allow creation of new groups and the
ability to assign users to those groups.
* Email-based password reset. It is now possible for wiki users to
automatically reset their password via email. This feature is
turned off by default but can be enabled via the Special:Admin
* More. An array of translation updates, bug fixes, performance
enhancements, and cleanups.
Please see the release notes at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/JAMWiki_1.3
and the CHANGELOG below for additional information. Feedback is
appreciated and can be submitted at http://jamwiki.org/, while any bugs
can be reported at http://jira.jamwiki.org.
The JAMWiki Team
JAMWiki is a wiki engine implemented using Java that provides much of
the functionality of MediaWiki. It can be run with or without a database
and is designed to be fast and easy to set up.
* Re-engineering of user preference data handling (cclavadetscher).
* Add user preferences for timezone, date and time format
* Add the ability to create wiki groups (cclavadetscher).
* Add the ability to assign users to wiki groups (cclavadetscher).
* Display user roles inherited from group membership (cclavadetscher).
* Allow default role names to be configured via property file to
better support LDAP (PhilTrimble).
* Display thumbnails of image versions on image topic pages, similar
to the Mediawiki GUI.
* Update Mediawiki XML exports to use the 0.7 XSD (previously 0.3).
* Change the default image namespace from "Image" to "File" for new
* Add E-Mail support: configuration and E-Mail based user password
* Remove ability to automatically upgrade from versions prior to 1.1.
* Upgrade to Spring Framework 3.1.3.RELEASE.
* Upgrade to Spring Security 3.1.3.RELEASE.
* Upgrade to Lucene Search 3.6.2.
* Upgrade to commons-io-2.2.
* Upgrade to exp4j 0.3.3.
* Update of last login date and time after login (wrh2,
* Ensure that the cache is flushed after upgrades (cclavadetscher).
* Updated German translations (axelclk, cclavadetscher).
* Updated Italian translations (cclavadetscher).
* Updated Japanese translations (nattolover).
* Updated Russian translations (shar).