Menu

Jamulus OS Installer Prompt + Using Reaper

2020-11-06
2020-11-06
  • Rupert Carr-Smith

Hi,
    I recently tested Jamulus OS and when it first ran a window came up saying:
    This computer currently has no detected operating system. What would you like to do?
    Erase disk and install Jamulus
    At this point I was worried as this is my Windows 10 work Laptop and I didn’t want to risk losing the data on my laptop’s Drive. Please could someone confirm which disk it wanted to installed to, the USB stick with Jamulus OS or my 500GB SSD with Windows 10.
    I cancelled the installation prompt and Jamulus seemed to launch but I could not see My Focusrite in Settings – is this because I did not install?
    Also I’m hoping to use Jamulus OS with Reaper. How anyone installed this and if so which version did you install Linux i686, Linux armv7l, Linux x86_64 or Linux aarch64
    Many thanks
    Rupert

• Laurent Schwartz

Hello Rupert,

You should use the routine described in the WIKI (https://sourceforge.net/p/jamulus-os/wiki/Home/ in order to install JamulusOS by creating a persistent USB stick or drive and run JamulusOS from that USB stick if you want to avoid any risk to erase your windows drive.

Install Linux and windows on same drive requires advanced skills. You have to know what you do ...

Reaper x86_64 is the version you need to install and it should work in JamulusOS.

BR,
    Laurent

Last edit: Laurent Schwartz 2020-11-06
  • Rupert Carr-Smith

Thanks I'll take a look